[opencms-dev] Running on WebLogic Server

Ian Goldstein iang at bea.com
Fri Sep 5 20:29:01 CEST 2003

Hello. I'm trying to get opencms running on WebLogic Server 8.1.

I added -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 to my startWebLogic script.

After setup, I copied /opencms/WEB-INF/jsp/* to /opencms/jsp and modified the opencms.properties setting for flex.jsp.repository to point to /jsp (instead of /WEB-INF/jsp).

When I use the standard system login url (/opencms/opencms/system/login) I get this exception: com.opencms.core.CmsException: 22 Could not process OpenCms special XML tag. Detailed error: processNode received an exception while handling XML tag "link" by "handleLinkTag" for file index: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

So I don't use that url.

Instead, I use this url: /opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/index.html. With this url, I can get the workplace to open up, and I can browse through folders.

However, when I try to look at any content, I get this exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.oro.text.perl.Perl5Util.substitute(Ljava/lang/StringBuffer;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I
An example of the url it's trying to open when it gives this exception is this: /opencms/opencms/system/workplace/action/explorerShowResource.html?url=/opencms/opencms/release/installation.html.

Any ideas?

Is anyone aware of other problems I might run into trying to run opencms on WebLogic?

Thanks!
  -- Ian