[opencms-dev] Problems using JSTL and XSLT with page parameters

Laurent Gauthier lgauthier at opnworks.com
Wed Sep 17 01:14:01 CEST 2003

All,

I would like to retrieve a page property and use it as inoput to a JSTL
tag for XML and XSLT processing.

This seems difficult since the only way I found to specify an OpenCMS
file to JSTL is using the following JSP directive.

<%@ cms file="resources/collectionDefinition.xml" %>

For example the following works but everything is "static". I would like
to use the xsltFilename in my XML tags.

Any example from someone smart?

Laurent

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="x" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>

<head>
  <title>XML Support -- Transform</title>
</head>
<h3>Parse / Expr</h3>

// Set a JSTL variable from page property
<c:set var="xsltFilename">
<cms:property name="xslt" />
</c:set>

// Set variable to point to XML file in VFS
<c:set var="xmlPath">
<%@ cms file="resources/collectionDefinition.xml" %>
</c:set>

// Set variable to point to XSL file in VFS
<c:set var="xsltPath">
<%@ cms file="resources/dynprop2html.xsl" %>
</c:set>

// Import files into  JSTL variables
<c:import var="xml" url="${xmlPath}"/>
<c:import var="xsl" url="${xsltPath}" />

// Transform file and output result using XML tag library for JSTL
<x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xsl}" />