[opencms-dev] Basic or forms-based authentication for folders - how?

RReppel at burntsand.com RReppel at burntsand.com
Fri Sep 19 19:24:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to protect a subfolder via Basic Authentication, i.e. there is a
part of my site which is available to the public and another one for which
login is required. Can this be done with the built-in security mechanisms of
OpenCMS?

One approach I have tried is to go into the OpenCMS Workplace and remove the
"r" and "v" permissions for "Others" on the folder to be protected. However,
upon publishing this leads to the following error message:

Exception com.opencms.core.CmsException: 31 Access denied to resource.
Detailed error: [com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsResourceBroker]
/default/vfs/intra/index.html.

.... Where "intra" is the name of the folder I'm trying to protect.

Is there another way of doing this?

If so, is forms-based authentication supported?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Robert