[opencms-dev] Basic or forms-based authentication for folders - how?

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Tue Sep 23 16:09:00 CEST 2003

Me too :-)

I have the same idea of using the permissions as a generic access
control for the site as well. Haven't had any luck so far though.
I can understand why I would get an error upon publishing and thus
exporting a 'static' resource, since once exported it is really not in
the hands of OpenCms any longer so it cannot really enforce any logic.
But 'dynamic' pages could be enforced by OpenCms.
I guess that combining apache (possible tomcat) realms with the user
database of OpenCms could achieve some of the wanted effect, but there
would still be a problem with the navigation method as it returns all
the resources independently of permissions (at least it seemed to be
what happened when I tried).

So I would appreciate any pointers as well, to whether the access
control of OpenCms workplace extends (or can be extended) to include
the non-static-exported parts of a site as well.