[opencms-dev] Newbie's question about using a separate database...

Laszlo Kiss laci at cepit.ro
Mon Sep 22 11:46:02 CEST 2003

Hi everybody!
I'm working with OpenCMS and mysql database server. I'm trying to access
database tables from jsp pages. When creating my tables in OpenCMS'
database everything works fine. I'd like to use my own database, but I
don't succeed connecting to it. Can anybody give some advice about the
settings I need?

I created a new module with a poolname property
poolname="jdbc:opencmspool:mysql"
I wrote a contentdefinition class, where I try to connect:
String c_pool =
OpenCms.getRegistry().getModuleParameterString("mydomain.mymodule",
"poolname");
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(c_pool);

Thanks in advance.
L.