[opencms-dev] JavaScript problem solved

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Fri Sep 26 10:25:02 CEST 2003

Hi Olli, Hi Bryan,

> I believe that my problem was browser version related.

that is the hardest mistake in design of Opencms actually! Nearly all
functions of workplace use JS for logic. So the DOM Model of the broswer
is sure a big trap.
> What are you
> asking about the OS language, do you mean what file encoding am I using
> or do you mean like locale for the machine? (English)

i think he means the different JS version from Mozilla vs. IE for example.
Mozilla is original JS and IE is the M$ JScript and they are different.

>> Hmmm... we have similar problems. I thought everyone was experiencing
>> them (that is why has been recommending my client to upgrade to IE 6).
>> If it is not about browser version, could it be a browser / OS
>> language issue?
> Bryan,
>> Achim what is your OS language?

actually we have most clients on IE 6 on W2K so its a JScript machine i
think.
>> It is all quite complicated, but I believe should be greatly
>> simplified in next release, because the workplace is developed in JSPs
>> instead.

this would be a very nice thing. More of the code in interaction with
Tomcat and nt with JScript or JavaScript! And the Backoffice programming
will become a lot easier.
So let us hope .. :-)

Bye Achim