[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG Editor Problem

Seji Thomas sthomas at cordiant.net
Mon Sep 29 07:46:01 CEST 2003

Our Software Development wing is planning to move an existing web-site in to OpenCMS. For this we have the copy of the web resources (HTML, and Images) of the current site available in a Folder which provides continued site navigation with out any broken links. We made a zip file of this folder and uploaded it through the 'Upload File Option' in OpenCMS which has the feature of unzipping zip files uploaded. My site works fine. Now when a OpenCMS user tries to open an HTML page for any page modification in the WYSIWYG Editor, the screen shows blank.

We have checked for the file type of the HTML files and found that all of the files show the File Type as - Plain. Is this the reason for not showing up in the WYSIWYG Editor. Where as a file of File Type - Page opens up in the Editor.

I have tried changing the resource_type of the file in the Database. The File Type changes but then while opening in the WYSIWYG Editor it throws some XMLParseException.

Any hint on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.