[opencms-dev] WYSIWYG Editor Problem

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Sep 29 13:30:02 CEST 2003

In an attempt to allow users to edit a JSP page, where most of the page
is simple HTML, I've tried to do a little hack with plain pages (which
can be called up in the WYSIWYG editor as opposed to JSP files) I found
two things:

1) The MS editor component seemingly strips certain things (like JSP
tags) and rearranges other stuff upon save (I doubt that it is OpenCms
that does it)
2) You can edit HTML pages, but certain things won't work - it isn't
the most complete HTML editor and externally referenced resources like
CSS and stuff may not hook up correctly if you imported from an
existing site.

An obvious thing not supported is JavaScript, which for some special
pages I tested caused a blank page to appear.

The exception you get is because the 'page' type page is actually an
XML file (look at a newly created 'page'-type file in the source
editor, you'll note that the actual HTML is surrounded by XML CDATA
tags). I'm not sure if it is safe to simply switch the resource type in
the DB and then add those tags and be done with it.

--
Claus Priisholm
+45 48 22 46 46, fax: +45 48 22 46 43
cpr at codedroids.com