[opencms-dev] OpenCMS performance?

Rene Hinojosa R_Hinojosa at Cityofsouthfield.com
Mon Sep 29 16:28:01 CEST 2003

Greetings,

Have you tried to optimize Tomcat? I've found significant speed increase by allocating more memory in the CATALINA_OPTS. Add -Xmx128M to your catalina_opts environment. Tomcat by default uses 32M.

Rene

>>> matte at solidstategroup.com 09/29/03 09:42AM >>>
Hi all,

I'm creating a site with OpenCMS and to be honest, I'm finding it very slow
work.
Creating JSP pages without decent debugging app's is swiftly doing my head
in.

One thing I have noticed is the performance of OpenCMS. When I create a new
page, or edit existing pages etc, it takes forever for OpenCMS to refresh
the pages with the new content. Is this just me? Or does everyone have this
problem?

Are they any demo sites for OpenCMS where I can have a play with the
interface that someone else has set up? To see if it is the same speed as
mine?

Has anyone else looked into speeding up OpenCMS? Or discovering where the
bottleneck is?

Thanks for your help.

M at .

Matthew Evans