[opencms-dev] OpenCMS performance?

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Sep 29 18:03:57 CEST 2003

Also, it helped me to switch to the server VM (that is, add -server to
the CATALINA_OPTS). The server flag switches to a more aggressive JIT
compiler that will make the application run faster the longer it goes.
IIRC, it does this by dynamically profiling and recompiling bytecode to
improve performance.

What you will likely notice is that startup time is slower, but after
some use, it performs much better... at least, that's how it worked for
me.

Matt

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>