[opencms-dev] Installation Issues With Mac OS X

Rene Hinojosa r_hinojosa at cityofsouthfield.com
Thu Oct 16 20:15:01 CEST 2003

Set the root password on mysql.

There is a problem with Safari and opencms setup. I recommend using
Netscape 7.0 for admin/development use but use IE for the setup(one
time). You'll run into problems with Safari and Netscape. Also drop
into Terminal and try connecting to MySQL or even better download
CocoaMySQL and connect to the database. If you can't connect from
CocoaMySQL, then you might have a rights problem with mysql.

BTW CocoaMySQL is a nice GUI for MySQL on OS X.