[opencms-dev] Large number of users

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Oct 17 03:57:01 CEST 2003

Nathan,

I think that what you'd discover is that the process of publishing would
become something of a challenge. Editors do not have the ability to
publish their own documents. You'd have to make each person (who needed
to publish their own work, at least) a project manager. Project managers
can publish other people's work as well, which would be a problem.

Now, if you could get around that with some custom coding, you'd be a
good way toward realizing your goal. The next thing you;d have to worry
about is the performance of the admin system. The more users that are
doing tasks that require synchronization (e.g. publishing, locking and
unlocking), the slower performance you'll see.

Matt

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>