[opencms-dev] Beginner starting off, useful tips/guides ?

Peter Shipley ps at nomensa.com
Tue Oct 21 09:49:01 CEST 2003

Is their a good resource on starting to use  opencms ?

I am familiar with server setups, its installed and fine.
I am familiar with java/jsp coding pages is not a problem.

I am stuck on using the front end.

I have installed the sample documentation modules and have read the
relevant sections in the OpenCMS Documentation PDF (OpenCmsDoc.pdf).

The question is where do i start?
Do I have to go into the "system" folder and create a directory to put
in my jsp template, then add in a top level folder (say) to store my
pages, the add this folder into a newly defined project?

Another point, how do i get images to be exported like pages ?

--

Peter Shipley