[opencms-dev] Very basic question

Arne Van Renterghem arne at mediaventures.be
Thu Nov 6 13:25:04 CET 2003

Hi all,

I installed tomcat/JSDK/openCMS and everything is working. I quickly reviewed the documents and did the first exercises.

My first impression is: I will need to learn java etc to get any kind of website running, let alone a complex.

I have quite a bit of experience with php/mysql.

I was looking for a cms system to create and keep up to date a website for a nonprofit organisation with a group of people (designers, database managers, adminstrative people, ...).

My question: can I get away with not learning java stuff and still be able to create/maintain a semi-complex website ?

Thanks and sorry if this answer is anywhere readlily available.

Arne

---