[opencms-dev] openCMS-struts-Integration

Wutzl Günther Guenther.Wutzl at drei.com
Tue Nov 18 13:32:01 CET 2003

Hi

I was searching for a possibility to integrate openCMS content management into a struts application. The only thing i found was openCMS-struts on sourceforge. This project is not exactly what i was looking for. I wrote Kenneth (the guy who wrote openCMS-struts) a mail and also want to know your opinions on that.

the Mail:
*******************
Hi.

I just read all i could find about your openCMS-Struts project on sourceforge.
My first question is: Do you still work on it?
As I am a developer, mostly working with struts in IDEs (websphere studio, eclipse), i think that i won't be happy with an integration of struts in openCMS (endless re-deploying/importing of the externaly developed struts module(s) for testing). I think my approach would be integrating openCMS into struts.

One problem, i think, with integrating openCMS within struts, would be the VFS of openCMS. OpenCMS intercepts *.jsp *.html -requests.....
If openCMS could be used like this: localhost:8080/mystrutsCMSportal/showCMSpage.do?template=temp1&page=/mymodule/content1.html
where "/mymodule/content1.html" is in the VFS.

I bet you also thought about that and found some reasons to not work that way, so I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Regards,

Guenther