[opencms-dev] Scheduled tasks / Access denied

Peter Glantschnig peter.glantschnig at gmx.at
Wed Nov 19 15:57:01 CET 2003

hello,

I am having a problem with scheduled tasks and I don't really know what else
I could do? Well, my class or my scheduled task runs and works, but what I
want to to is to create a new resource in the vfs, but there is always this
CmsException which tells me 'Access denied'.

But I'm running the task as Admin and I already wrote some code that created
some resources and worked...but in an different context. Is there something
tricky about this scheduled tasks? I saw this question already in the mail
archiev, but that didn't help. And yes, I set the scheduled task in Offline
mode.

This is my scheduled task:

42 15 * * * Admin Administrators com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.ImportRSS
Test

I have no idea about the last param...I don't need it, but I guess I have to
write something?

Someone has an idea, why the scheduled task gets no write permission??

thanks,
Peter