[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Database Support Concerns

Cory L Hubert cory.hubert at ampagency.com
Sat Nov 22 19:57:02 CET 2003

	Hey.  I've been trying to install openCMS without success on SQLServer.
And I was also interested to see if it runs on PostgresSQL, but from the
posting in the archives it doesn't seem promising.

	However it works like a charm on mySQL.   Unfortunately, my orginization
would like to standardize on a database, most likely one with stored
procedures, functions, and fully supports ANSI SQL syntax.

	It doesn't seem like OpenCMS developers fully tested OpenCMS on other
databases Nor fully support them.  It's a little misleading when some of the
documentation says it will work with any database with a JDBC connection.
Will this change in the future?