[opencms-dev] About OpenCms itself

Ralf B ambiesense at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 18:13:02 CET 2003

Hello Javier,

I am not perfectly sure if I understand your entire question. Yes, you can
use JSP with Tomcat alone. OpenCMS however provides you with a database and an
easy abstract way of using it. You do not need to touch it and write SQL
code. You can use JSP templates and you can use a set of administration tools to
look at at it without programmnig. You can use Lucene ot get a search engine
for free (well integrated). These are just a few reasons for OpenCMS. You
have to investigate if you need all this...

Ralf

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/