[opencms-dev] Want to start a action class when installing a new module

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Tue Dec 2 14:49:01 CET 2003

Hi,

> Of course, the class that you declare as publish event class has to
> provide this method:
> public static void publishProject(com.opencms.file.CmsObject,
> java.lang.Boolean, java.lang.Integer, java.lang.Integer,
> java.lang.Long, java.util.Vector, java.util.Vector)
> (I hope this is the right signature)

it is! This was my mistake, i thaught i need both entries.

> Did you try the moduleWasUploaded on a clean system, i.e. where the
> class is not already in the webapp's classes folder? I am asking
> because i believe that the method is called before the module is
> published and therefor the class loader won't find it at all.

i did the following. I made the module ready via the Administration and
then exported it. Then i deleted the module. After this i installed the
module which i had exported before. This has worked for me absolutely
correct.I believe that the class must NOT be published. It will be found without a
publishing, is this possible? I didn`t publish the project any time!
Bye Achim