[opencms-dev] Special Character Problem

Fred Marquis dr_stoned at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 17:53:03 CET 2004

Hi all.
I have a setup/configuration problem or there is
a bug in OpenCMS.

When I am inserting a HTML special character in the
WYSIWYG editor, the char is displayed correctly. But
if I switch to source code editor the special
character
is not encoded in HTML like "&uml or Ӓ" but it
is displayed directly as "ä or è".
How can I force OpenCMS to save thecharacterss in
special HTML character encoding?

I tried different JDKs (1.4.2_02 and 1.4.1_06) and
also different encoding types (UTF-8 and ISO).

I have installed it under
OpenCms version is: 5.0.1 Kaitain
Running on Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM)
Client VM 1.4.1_06-b01 mixed mode with Linux
2.4.18-4GB (i386)
MySQL 3.23.48

Thank you for your help,
Fred