[opencms-dev] Writing a simple MasterModule

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Tue Jan 27 16:37:00 CET 2004

Hi all,

> They way I see it there is no need for OpenCms to become a portlet
> container itself. There are already 2 good Open Source solutions
> available, Jetspeed and Pluto. However, these portal solutions lack CMS
> capabilities. So what should be possible with the new module API is to
> add a kind of "portlet wrapper" to a module. This will be some little
> extra work during module development, but the new API should help you
> here. The result of this would be that The contents of an OpenCms
> module could be exposable as portlet in a standard portal solution.

this means, that only the backend from OenCMS is used, the frontend will
be the portlet container itself?
> OpenCms core
> OpenCms (new) module implementation
> OpenCms portlet wrapper (implements portlet interface)
> Portlet container (e.g. Pluto, Jetspeed)

this should work, but this architecture can be very cause lot og little
mistakes...
another thing we discussed about, is to built such intranet-apps via a new
view in Opencms itself. If a normal user logs in, he only see this view,
if a user is a admin or projectmanager he can see some more things.
This case isn`t able then, is it?
Well, is it lot of work to integrate, for example, Jetspeed into Opencms?
I`m not sure about this. Jetspeed is in fact not more as a presentation
layer. Maybe i forget something?
Bye Achim