[opencms-dev] Publishing hangs and system after restart slower HELP!!!!!

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Mon Feb 2 13:54:01 CET 2004

Hello,

> We've had a lot of problems with "hanging" publishing processes. We
> could only solve this if we restart the tomcat. I'm now worry about
> that we've inconsistent data in the database. The database/table
> structure is ok. The system slows down after the restart (it's not
> because of any recompile stuff)

are there any log file entries from some bad compilations fropm Jasper?

> Last time we've had this problem we reimport the database from a older
> version and it works again.

it`s possible that you broke up your export path in opencms.properties?

> Is this a problem because of a crash?

it`s possible that there are some corrupt files in the export folders.
Maybe  you should try to delete all exported stuff and publish it once
more.
> Is there a way to cleanup e.g. link tables, etc. and try to publish
> again?

you can use cmsshell fpr this i think, but we never used it.

> Is there somebody in the list which can help me?

i hope so :-)

Kind Regards

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG Karlsruhe , Germany