[opencms-dev] Re: getting started - problems with WYSIWYG --> Structured Content

Sam Razialruh Sam.Razialruh at abaxx.de
Mon Feb 2 14:06:01 CET 2004

hi alexander,

> As to "structured contents" following:
> The main reason to use a CMSystem is to divide an internet
> presentation in= to the actual contents of it and into the
> form, the structure in which the=  contents should be
> presented. Both types of information should be saved i= nto a
> database (correct me if I'm wrong) Well, this is exactly what
> I am intending to do! I have installed everythi= ng
> (hopefully correctly) I can login as Admin, I have created a
> new projec= t, but that is (very unfortunately) all! How can
> I define such a structure (in OpenCMS template) and how can I
> fill=  it with contents. Most important of all: When trying
> to do so during my f= irst steps, how can I watch the
> results=3F How can I create an internet-page=  which combines
> contents and my templates=3F

take a look at the news-module
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/download/sandbox.html to see how to
create content definitions.
i wrote my thesis about that, do you want a copy?

------------------------------
another solution:

our company currently developed a structured-content-solution for
opencms.
take a look at the screenshots:

you can define the document-types with xml.
for example:

<document name="ep_partnerdetail" icon="ic_file_partner.gif"
extends="default,meta">
  <property name="seperator" caption="seperator" type="seperator"/>
  <property name="partnername" caption="Name des Partners"
type="string"/>
  <property name="partnerlink" caption="Link zu Partner"
type="hyperlink"/>
  <property name="partnerlogo" caption="Partner-Logo" type="image"/>
  <property name="seperator" caption="seperator" type="seperator"/>
  <property name="profile" caption="Partnerprofil" type="html" />
</document>

----> http://test.princessgroup.de/opencms/structured1.jpg

that's how it looks rendered:
http://test.princessgroup.de/opencms/structured2.jpg