[opencms-dev] portlets (JSR-168), content repository (JSR-170, RetrievalWare, Cache, LDAP, ...

Werner Becher becher at beit.at
Mon Feb 2 15:27:01 CET 2004

Dear all,

we are evaluating OpenCms for a large newspaper in Croatia as Web content
management system for their online news portal.

We plan to use portal technologies in that project therefore JSR-168 as well
as JSR-170 are very interesting topics for us. Please could you therefore
give me some infos about using OpenCms in our project?

a) Is there any plan to provide OpenCms in a portlet version (based in
JSR-168) and if yes when? If there is no plan to deliver OpenCms in a
portlet version would it be possible/feasible to migrate OpenCms on our own
to JSR-168?

b) When will OpenCms be available in a content repository version (based in
JSR-170)?

c) Has anyone of you experience in integrating OpenCms with a Portal (like
Apache JetSpeed or IBM WebSphere Portal) according to topics like
publishing, navigation, etc.?

d) Has anyone of you experience in integrating search and categorization
tool RetrievalWare8 of vendor Convera with OpenCms?

e) Has anyone of you experience of exporting OpenCms user repository to LDAP
and importing user data from LDAP?

f) Has anyone of you experience of using Caché as database for OpenCms?

Thx + regards
Werner

Werner Becher
General Manager