[opencms-dev] Feedback requested for current CVS HEAD version

Hartmann, Waehrisch & Feykes GmbH hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Tue Feb 3 14:48:01 CET 2004

OK,

i misinterpreted this a little:
<qoute>
I would especially like to hear your feedback on the current status and the
general direction we are heading with the core.
</quote>

For the current new features i can say this:
ACLs, managing multiple websites with one instance and support for multiple
language versions are a "must" to compete with the leading commercial CMSes
and the PHP open source front.
"Direct Edit" is a good feature for sites that do not have big hirachies of
project manager, editor and publischer. It will make things easier for the
"one-man-agency".
What exactly means "on demand export" of a resource? Isn't it something like
the current "direct publish" (which results in a static export if it is
enabled)?
And finally i hope that the problems of hanging systems due to database
connection problems will vanish with DBCP from Jakarta.

For the rest i can't say much without testing it and therefor it would be
good to have a working binary version. Maybe Achim can send his to me or
provide a donwload link?

Regards,
Stephan