[opencms-dev] Problem with mod_proxy guidelines

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Feb 4 09:40:02 CET 2004

> {The setup wizard works fine but you cannot log in to the
> system. You receive the top page "Introduction to the OpenCms
> 5 fat-binary distribution", but none of the links off this
> page work, I got the following e.g.
>
> HTTP Status 404
> type status report
> message /ROOT/opencms/index.jsp
> description The requested resource /ROOT/opencms/index.jsp is
> not available
>
> so it would seem not worth testing this at this point.
> However everything is fine by step 4, apart from the problem
> I am having at the moment).

in the file:

"../{TOMCAT-HOME}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties"

change the lines

url_prefix_export=/${WEB_APP_NAME}/export
url_prefix_http=/${WEB_APP_NAME}/opencms
url_prefix_https=
url_prefix_servername=

url_prefix_export=/export
url_prefix_http=/opencms
url_prefix_https=
url_prefix_servername=

Did I forget to put this in the docs? If so please let me know, i'll update
them ASAP.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior