[opencms-dev] Why OpenCms substitute the names of html pages as 'name_xxx.jsp' in static export?

Brendon Price Brendon.Price at sytec.co.nz
Wed Feb 4 20:21:01 CET 2004

Hi,

This is standard behaviour for static export of files that have parameters
passed as part of the URL.
Refer to the tables CMS_EXPORT_DEPENDENCIES and CMS_EXPORT_LINKS, to see how
the file name is generated.
Basically the CMS_EXPORT_LINKS.LINK_ID is the primary key that is attached
to the file name.

Run the following SQL to see where the number comes from:
SELECT DISTINCT CMS_EXPORT_LINKS.LINK, CMS_EXPORT_LINKS.LINK_ID
FROM CMS_EXPORT_DEPENDENCIES INNER JOIN CMS_EXPORT_LINKS ON
CMS_EXPORT_DEPENDENCIES.LINK_ID = CMS_EXPORT_LINKS.LINK_ID
WHERE LINK like '%details.html?id=12';

So the end result is to generate an HTML Page for every combination of your
html page with different parameters.

However I would have thought the generated file name would be
details_525.html? This has been
my experience. To make it work correctly make your details.html page of type
JSP with the extension .html instead.

Hope this helps
Brendon