[opencms-dev] The fate of ArticleManagement Module with OpenCMS v6

Alex ! kingofkingston at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 03:09:02 CET 2004

What will happen to the article management module with the advent of OpenCMS
v6? As the module is based on a set of classes that extend
com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplate etc.?

(I know we will be able to use the legacy.jar file in the short term).

I was thinking of basing some future work on the module as it is pretty
close to what i want to do, plus it handles all the parsing and the caching
of xml in a very fast efficient manner, by extending te opencms xml handling
mechanisms, but is this really worth it then?

Should I just start from scratch?

What about cacheing, etc.?