[opencms-dev] link target

Rolf Becker becker at iwk.uka.de
Wed Mar 3 13:46:04 CET 2004

Hi,

I created "link" in the "Explorer View" of the OpenCMS Workplace by clicking the "new" button. The
link has the property "target" but this property does not seem to have any influence. At least I
cannot make the link pop up in a new browser window by setting the property target: _blank

Olli Aro made a guess why such a link probably could not controlled with property "target" (see
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q3/007097.html).

My questions:
1) Is Olli right?
2) If yes, is there a workaround?
I am not a jsp programmer but coundn't a jsp-page be used instead of such kind of "link2 to pop-up a
new browser window with the desired URL?

Thanks,
Rolf