[opencms-dev] opencms and multilingual site

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Wed Mar 3 15:50:01 CET 2004

    Hello all,

   I know that the multilanguage part of OpenCms is currently on
development
(and expected in 6.0.0) release but we want to make a multilingual site
and we
will go with the latest stable release 5.0.1.
    The site is kind of special I think because the whole site stucture
is the same for
all languages only the bodies, NavText Title etc. is changing from
language to language.
    My idea is to suffix all properties like this:
Title_de, NavText_de etc. and also use mutiple bodies on page: body_de,
body_en etc.
Now i would like to change opencms to hide that suffixes for the user
and "guess" this suffix
from the currently logged in user Preferences.
Has somebody tried this approach?
These changes require major modifications in OpenCms?

If you have an idea about this please let me know.

Best wishes,
Andras.