AW: [opencms-dev] Navigation and static export, a problem

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Tue Mar 9 18:48:02 CET 2004

I use server side includes, which are invisible to opencms. The navigation
page still needs exporting manually - I've written a button to do as
much...

I guess you could include the jsp directly like this in each of your pages,
so it remains dynamic.

The other thing to do would be to include some code that touches and
exports the navigation, in your templates which use the navigation, so when
any page is published the navigation gets pulled with them. Though this
won't work with deleting pages.

Or perhaps execute an invisible jsp page, when you load a page, which does
something along the lines of exporting on demand the navigation. May be
problematic.

Are there not publishing and maintanence classes which can be associated
with projects, so some code gets executed during a publish? Which would do
the trick. Would it work for direct publishes?

From:  "Mark Miller" <mark.miller at hema.ch>@opencms.org  on 09/03/2004 17:00

Please respond to opencms-dev at opencms.org

Sent by:    opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org

 To:    <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

 cc:

 Subjec AW: [opencms-dev] Navigation and
 t:     static export, a problem

It kind of depends how your navigation looks, ie. are all folders file
visible from all pages ... one way would be to use frames, then you
would only need to publish the single navigation page after any change.
An Iframe could also be used ... I have news on every page and use an
iframe and then only update the single news page which is the iframe.

On big sites I hide all subfolders and files not in the current folder
which means when I make any change I only have to publish the files in
the immediate and preceding folder. Still a pain, but not much way
around it as far as I can see.

Can't really help much other than these suggestions.

Kind regards,

Mark Miller

Hema Computersysteme AG
Frauholzstrasse 9a