[opencms-dev] Moving server, exporting project data

Christian Pöcher Poecher at gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 18:49:00 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "M Butcher" <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>
To: <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [opencms-dev] Moving server, exporting project data

> I have been looking into using MySQL's mysqldump (actually, I was
> looking at the hotcopy util, but I can't remember what it's called right
> now) to dump the entire contents of the database. I can't think of any
> data that I would actually _lose_ by doing that.

The problem with this approach is, that it is very likely to fail with
different versions of OpenCMS for you cannot be sure the table definitions
are the same on 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 for example.

I also found out, that the mysql dump alone is not sufficient, as some files
are stored in the filesystem. I think we have static export turned off, but
I don't know where to look it up.

chris