[opencms-dev] Export from a table to OpenCMS

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Thu Apr 22 18:29:30 CEST 2004

Felipe,

I think you _could_ do this by adding the material to the CMS_RESOURCES,
CMS_FILES and CMS_PROPERTIES tables. You'd probably have to look in the
SQL properties files for the database you are using and see how the
OpenCms developers did it.

The process would have to be something like:
1) Create VFS resource names for each file (these need to be unique and
formatted correctly)
2) Load the PDF data into CMS_RESOURCES and CMS_FILES
3) Load title, description, etc. into the properties table.

For searching, you will need one of the search modules, and you may have
to do a little bit of tweaking to get the search engine to index all of
the properties you want, but that should be relatively minor.

This is not an easy thing to do, but I think it is possible.

Matt