[opencms-dev] Referential Integrity in the Database Tier.

Ross Randell ross.randell at workcoverqld.com.au
Fri Jun 4 01:34:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is my 1st posting.  I've been developing with OpenCMS for a couple of weeks and am very impressed, Great Work.

I'm currently performing an architectural review to push OpenCMS as a preferred solution for a specific project at my organisation.

One area of concern for me is that there appears to be no referential integrity (foreign keys) between tables in the database tier. The database creation SQL only seems to specify primary keys and unique constraints. Am I missing something? Is there a reason for the flat table approach? Wouldn't foreign keys and updated finders improve performance and data integrity?

Also what is the development status for an EJB layer in OpenCMS ? There are a few mentions on the list but the current status is not clear to me. Will it be included in the 6.0 release?

Thanks very much,

Ross.

====================================
Ross Randell
Information Technology

Ph: (07) 3006 6464
Fax: (07) 3006 6467
Mob: 0411 885 282
Email: ross.randell at workcoverqld.com.au

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland. The contents of this message are to be used for the intended purpose only and are to be kept confidential at all times.
This message may contain privileged information directed only to the intended addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this information should be deleted promptly and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.