[opencms-dev] Oracle8i Character Encoding

Mark J. Weidner mjw22 at drexel.edu
Thu Jul 1 16:26:01 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,

I've been using OpenCMS 5.0.1 storing english content using Oracle8i, and will now be incorporating additional European and Asian languages.  As such, I'm curious as to whether I need to setup a separate Oracle instance using a specific character encoding (I'll assume as UTF-8, or perhaps UTF-16), or does the default Oracle encoding handle this properly with OpenCMS?  If anyone has any experience in this area, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Mark