[opencms-dev] Re: External editing

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Thu Jul 8 19:35:02 CEST 2004

Ahmed Mohombe wrote:
>> ROTFL! Yes... I've seen CMS contracts won and lost based on support
>> for Dreamweaver and other HTML corruptors. ;-) Seriously, though,
>> image support poses an interesting problem... would we automatically
>> dump all of the image galleries to the DAV client?
>
> No, the client takes all the resources it needs. Dreamweaver for
> instance asks if he should take from the repository all the related
> resources that belong to that HTML page. More than that, it has even a
> "local repository" , and the user ca synchronize "a la" WebDAV what he
> modified, so that he can "comit" only relevant changes.

Right... but how does it know about images that it does not already
reference? If I want to add a new image to a page in DreamWeaver, and
the image is in the image gallery, how do I get it? Is there a way to
point DreamWeaver's image insertion code to a place on the DAV server?
That would be cool....

It seems that my pessimism is gradually being depleted. ;-)

Matt