[opencms-dev] metadata in open cms

Lee Carroll leecarroll150 at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 13:58:28 CEST 2004

Hello,

 We are evaluating opencms and I'm trying to workout the best way to implement a content metadata solution using opencms for a client. Our client requires at least a controlled vocabulary  but possibly also a thesaurus solution to support their content indexing and user searching functions.

Opencms seems to support out of the box file attributes but with little control over how these attributes get configured and set. What are the options to extend open cms attributes. In particular extending the create page form displayed for a given resource. We would like to extend and control the attributes being set.

thanks in advance Lee C (pear partnership)