[opencms-dev] concept of Templates in opencms

Shank bbrain75 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 21:07:34 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am a Rookie. Please assist.

I have used content management tools like interwoven and documentum. I understand what a template means in Content management world.

I am having a difficult time understanding the concept of a template in OpenCMS.  I was trying to create a page using a "opencms.org standard page".  When I did an edit, it opened the WYSIWYG editor. I am not able to see the specific attribute of the template.
I tried with another template "Welcome /Release notes template", it goes to the WYSIWYG editor. How do I differentiate between two templates. Its not clear.

Could some one point me to a place where I can read about how to develop templates and modules. I would appreciate that.

Thanks very much
Shankara