[opencms-dev] Documentation on 6.0apha1? Some questions...

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Sep 28 10:09:21 CEST 2004

> is there some documentation available for the 6.0alpha1
> release or should I look into the source-code for specific
> topics? I've found nothing on the website and on the lists so far.

Unfortunatly there's no documentation currently available. We are in the
process of updating the Alkacon Docus but this might take some weeks to
complete.

> Next question concerning templates:
> - What is the right procedure to transition an "old" module
> to 6.0 having some jsp-templates? - just remove the
> xml-templates and use the jsptemplates without change or is
> there something special?

This should be it in general as far as I remember. You should probably start
with a small template as demo. You also need to set the "template" property
which must point directly to your JSP template. Best thing is to check out
the simple "welcome" template and see how it is done there.

> Are there any changes concerning the taglib (besides refactoring)?

No, the taglib should be stable concerning the 5.0 features. There are a
couple of new options, but these are additional. Like direct edit support
etc.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior