[opencms-dev] Forum Module

Arash Kaffamanesh kaffamanesh at dmu-world.de
Mon Oct 18 22:10:18 CEST 2004

Hi Nguyen,

sorry to come back too late to you, I was some how busy.

nice to hear that you are interessted in org.opencms.mvnforum module :-)

I'm going to write a small howto, configuration guide for it and test it
with the latest ocms (alpha1 / 2), then I will send you a link for
download, after testing by you or some other OpenCMS / mvnForum Friends
on this list, we could work together to make a common User and Role
Management (Alexander Kandizor offered advice, support for this issue)
and make it available on opencms.org for download. We could also make a
thread on the opencms-forum by Synyx for it.

Due Date will be Sunday, 24.10.2004, ok?

Regarding the DMS system, please let me know what you are exactly
looking for --> which DMS features do you wish to have.
My advice would be: write down your Requirements, (Business-) UseCases,
User Stories and so on, study the OpenCMS API, it is very powerfull and
well documented, you can achieve a lot with the OpenCms 6 API, perhaps
no core modification will be needed at all.

By the way: there are some commercial modules for it, e.g. from Alkacon
:-)

Best Regards
Arash