[opencms-dev] Is OpenCMS the right tool for this?

Tim Howland thowland at organic.com
Fri Oct 22 17:44:46 CEST 2004

You could definitely accomplish most of this with openCMS.

However, the URL mapping may take some sophistication, and would likely be external to the app. If you are using apache, then a combination of mod_rewrite and mod_proxy would take care of it. A brute force way to do it would be to install static pages that did a simple redirect to the appropriate place within the opencms tree.

If you are using LDAP to manage accounts over there, you may need to do some research on tracking down an LDAP connector- IIRC there is a commercial add-on somewhere that does this. That would simplify authentication issues for a large faculty or set of departments.

But the core functionality you need- structured templates, access-control over content editing, and WYSIWYG editing - is definitely there.

HTH,

Tim