[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6.0-alpha2 Multi-language support

Gavin, Ben BGavin at SkylineTechnologies.com
Tue Nov 23 14:19:30 CET 2004

Alexander,
  Thanks for your reply.  If #1 below is true [and that appears to be
how it was handled in version 5.x], then how do you explain my findings
with the __locale URL parameter?  Are there hidden problems with the URL
parameter [e.g the parameter not carrying over from page to page when
links are clicked]?  We basically need to change the entire site
structure based on language [nav, content, etc] to match the requested
language, but we want things that don't exist in locale <x> to come back
in English.  The current way that I've been playing with [using the
__locale URL parameter] seems to do just exactly what we want [the
entire site would be "XML content" based, if I understand the module
system appropriately].

  Thanks for the answer on #2, I had tried that on an earlier
installation and I didn't think it worked properly, but it's working
fine now [must have forgotten to reload the application or something...]

Thanks!
Ben