[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6.0-alpha2 Multi-language support

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Nov 24 10:24:44 CET 2004

> > However, I agree with you partly. That's why I have written an
> > alternate implementation of org.opencms.i18n.I_CmsLocaleManager
> > following a suggestion from Alexander Kandzior. I am going
> to post it
> > on this list to see what people think of it. Unfortunately,
> I cannot
> > do it before Thursday as I don't have access to the computers the
> > sources are on from where I am now.
>
> Yes, I also wrote an alternative CmsLocaleManager some time
> ago, which selects the locale based on browser's preference
> ("accept-language"
> HTTP header) but then I found that it would not work together
> with static export, so I reverted back to the default one.

Ok but it could be made working, with only some slight changes on the static
export and probably an extension of the locale handler interface. I could
support the work on the core base here. My question is that if you have
organized your site in a way that one page serves "multiple" languages on
one URL (using headers to pull the right language on request), what language
are you going to static export then? Also there remains the issue with
language based properties...

> It would help to have an option to make siblings of folders,
> but that seems to be unsupported at this time.

We looked into this but this will be very hard to implement. So this is not
on the list of things to be expected soon.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts