[opencms-dev] OC6: when to start migration from OC5 to OC6?

Ivan Codarin ivan.codarin at amm.uniud.it
Thu Dec 30 13:03:33 CET 2004

Dear All,
I'm managing a site developed with OpenCms 5.01 and MySQL.
This database isntance is an exception in our software environment because we're
using postgresql for all other apps and webapps.

Now I should start with a new (Bigger) work on a new website, and I have also to
integrate data from my webapps.

OpenCMS 6.alpha3 claims to support postgresql so I wanna to use it.

My questions is this:
 * is it better to start from opencms 6 alpha 3 and gradually upgrade to new
alpha/beta versions that are going to be relased?

 * is ti better to start with Opencms 5.01 and then upgrade to the definite
release of Opencms 6?

This project will start in January 2005, it has to be on "production-level" in
3/4 months (march april 2005).

Thank you

    Ivan Codarin