[opencms-dev] * Form VALIDATION * Jakarta Commons & Struts

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Wed Jan 19 07:40:18 CET 2005

Hi List,

> I am curious. Does anyone use the validator component of Jakarta
> commons with OpenCMS? See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/%A0%A0> Do many OpenCMS
> developers use _any_ of the components from Jakarta commons? How many
> use _any_ such re-usable components?

Well, the Jakarta Commons Validator is much to thick and full of
reflection, so we didnĀ“t use it. But usually we tried to get most of our
add-on jars from Jakarta(-Commons) or one of the HEAD Projects from Apache.

>         I would also like to know how many OpenCMS developers have
> abandoned Struts in favor of the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL), which
> renders obsolete at least two of the tag collections within Struts.

The mixture of Struts and OpenCms in my opinion is not so useful.
Instead we built an own integration of a Struts-like Controller which is
more integrated into the Module-Concept from OpenCms (Version 5
actually). And we favor the usage of JSTL instead od Struts if it is
possible. But i have to say, we never had a project where we had to
integrate a Struts-App into OpenCms.

hth

Achim