AW: [opencms-dev] help with News module - read docs & logfiles, re-install

Daniel Beinlich u15618 at hs-harz.de
Tue Jan 25 17:23:31 CET 2005

Thank you for your help, but I have no success to use this module. I have
removed the module and I have

installed it again.I have done everything that you wrote.

These are the mistakes in the log files:

Opencms.log:

<opencms_critical> [com.opencms.file.CmsResourceTypePlain.importResource/1]
User mark.miller not found

Mysql.err:

Aborted connection 81 to db: 'opencms' user: 'root' host: `localhost' (Got
an error reading communication packets)

I can insert news entries and everything is wonderful, but when I try to
view the NewsOverview.html in the demo
(http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.ho
mepage.news/demo/NewsOverview.html)

I see this:

]]> tablehead -1 ]]> Headline Description Author Date Link Channel ]]>
id]]>headline ]]>description ]]>author ]]>date ]]>link ]]>channel ]]>

When I try to view a single news entry
(http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.ho
mepage.news/demo/singleNews.html?id=1)

I see this:

Das gew?nschte Element existiert nicht! Id: ]]>id Headline: ]]>headline
]]>date_start Date End: ]]>date_end Link: ]]>link Linktext: ]]>linkText
Text: ]]>text Channel: ]]>channel A_info 1: ]]>a_info1 A_info 2: ]]>a_info2
A_info 3: ]]>a_info3 Abstract: ]]>long_abstract ]]>

Where are my mistakes? Please help me again

Sincerely,

Dan

  _____