[opencms-dev] Install version - If not the MySQL ver., the JDBC driver?

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Mon Feb 21 17:13:16 CET 2005

At 06:04 PM 2/17/2005, P.Hill & E.Goodall wrote:

>P.Hill & E.Goodall wrote:
>>I'm just starting with OpenCMS. JDK version:    1.4.2_05
>>Servlet engine:    Apache Tomcat/5.0.19
>   OpenCMS 5.0.1
>
>Using a separate installation of MySQL 3.23 everything worked fine.
>Is it the DB version? Maybe.  But the MYSQL 4.0.18 version I was running
>was an existing version.  After clicking through the wizard, nothing
>got installed.  One guess is that my configuration of that server was not
>what OpenCMS expected.  For example, was the root user exactly as expect
>or had it been "locked down" in an unusual way?  Or alternatively, did I
>try some variation in the wizard that has a bug?

Paul Hill,

         Well, if it was not the version of MySQL that caused the
installation failure, perhaps it was the version of the JDBC driver that
you were using. After all, what else could have caused the installation to
fail? I think that we had already determined that OpenCms (OC) ver. 5.0.1
works on your versions of the JDK and (I think) Tomcat.

>Sure, I know, the choices in the wizard are limited.
>
>I think I might try another separate install of MySQL 4.x to see if
>it isn't the version, but something within my setup. After all
>José Hernández reported that he had gotten OpenCMS to run on the
>same configuration.
>
>If I get time I'll report back.

         Have you had a chance to try to install OC 5.0.1 on MySQL ver.
4.x? If so, I am curious as to which versions of the MySQL JDBC driver work
and which do not.

-- Paul Bain