[opencms-dev] permission system

Daniel Noatnick dno at archikart.de
Tue Apr 5 10:34:20 CEST 2005

Hi group,

I work with opencms6b1.

When a user creates a resource, this resources should be visible for the creator and for some special users.

Revoke the access for 100 users isn´t realy effective. So I have experimented with group rights and user rights, but I can´t solve the problem.
I revoke the access (-r|-v|-w|-c|-d and overwrite inherited) for the whole user-group, and grant right (+r|+v| and overwrite inherited)  for special users.
The effect was that anybody else can´t see that resource, the creator inclusive. Only the admin can set the permissions back.

What have to do the creator with the permission flags, that the effect above is reached? Is this even possible?

Has anybody some resources about the permission system in opencms?

Thanks a lot for your help

Daniel