[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 beta 3 released

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at metamesh.de
Fri Apr 29 10:19:49 CEST 2005

Sorry Alex,

you have to explain your definitons of a bug.

1. Isn't it a bug, when the cmscontentload tag evaluates its body always
at least one time, even if there are no (zero) xml files (bug 604)? This
brings up code in the resulting html page that must not be there.
Example: you have a list view of events that have an expire date. When
all events have expired, in the page there will be still one phantom
event left but with out correct data. For me it is a bug.

2. Isn't it a bug when a plain text resource that in the vfs has the
file extension .txt is exported with a name like "file.txt_122334.html"
so that tomcat accidently sets the mime type to text/html (bug 595)? It
is really annoying to discuss why you would like to have the file
extension to be the same in vfs and in rfs, when you would expect it as
standard.
Example: you generate pdf files on the fly. Their content depends on one
requesst parameter, so their export names become translated. But the
name will be "somename.pdf_45346463.html". For me it is a bug.

Surely, these are both no show stoppers, but definitely they are bugs.
And the patches i posted are really not hardly to understand (604 is one
single line of code). So better integrate them now instead of waiting
until they won't work anymore because the code has changed (like the
patches i made to JSTL-ize the contenload / contenshow tags :-(
).

Regards,
Stephan