[opencms-dev] how to start opencms6 beta 3 with resin

Dimitar Dimitrov mitko at jet-systems.com
Fri Apr 29 14:58:29 CEST 2005

To start opencms6 b3 with resin you have to add following section in
resin.conf
under <host>:

<!--define opencms webapp...-->
<web-app id='/opencms' document-directory="webapps/opencms">
           <!-- xml -->
    <system-property
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory="org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"/>
    <system-property
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory="org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"/>
    <!--  xslt -->
    <system-property
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
</web-app>

This section tells the resin to use xerces / xalan instead of its
internal parsers/transformers

This I did after I installed the opencms under tomcat and moved already
installed system to resin.
I didn't try the installation itself, because I had troubles with resin,
and the system was already installed when I found the solution.

Installation platform:
Windows XP / Linux Centos 4
Resin 3.0.12
PostgrSQL 8